File Upload Information. (how to send us your files)
We recommend you use our new web based file uploader. This feature of our website allows you to upload large files quickly and easily, without needing extra programs, or having to know usernames and passwords. Unlike E-mail, you will not have problems sending files over 10 megs. Click here to try it out for yourself!
Email: If you would rater use email, it works great for files under 5 megs in size. Be sure to "zip" your files before sending. (instructions for zipping available by clicking here. This is a good skill to have for all kinds of computer uses, so give it a whirl!)
Click here to send us your files via email right now, or send files to firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
If you would rather utilize the tried and true system of using a dedicated FTP program to handle your uploads, read on. Knowing how to use a FTP program like Transmit or Cute FTP is a great skill to have.
1) Check to see if you have an FTP program on your computer that has the ability to connect to a server via SFTP, if not, you'll need to download one, most are free to use. On the Mac, the most popular programs include "Transmit" (our favorite), "Captain FTP", "Fetch" and "Cyberduck". Click here to visit versiontracker.com, and outstanding site for finding software to download for your Mac. Search for any of the program names listed above, and download and install one of them.
On the PC, popular FTP programs include "SmartFTP", "Cute FTP" "WS_FTP Professional" are all great apps, click here to visit versiontracker.com for Windows and search for "FTP" or one of the app names listed to download.
2) Once your nifty new FTP program is installed on your PC or Mac, go ahead and open the program. It should appear in your Start Menu on a PC, or in the Applications folder on a Mac.
3) Prep your files for uploading. (click here for directions)
3) Once the app is running, you'll need to enter enter a few bits of information to connect to the Awesome Graphics FTP site, and start uploading! Each program should have a menu choice or button that allows you to "make a new connection", "connect", "log In to server" or the like. Click this button, and enter the following info:
- FTP Address or "Server Address": awesomegraphics.com
- Username or login name: guest-awesomegraphics
- Password: awesomegraphics
- Protocol: SFTP (make sure its not set to FTP)
Here's an example of the Transmit login window (for Mac). Make sure that you set all the followling preferences:
Click "connect" or "log in" or the equivalent, and you should now see two "panes" of stuff appear on your computer. One window should show you the Awesome Graphics ftp server, the other window should allow you to choose files from your computer.
These graphics shows "Transmit" connected to the Awesome FTP site:
Double click on "Click here to upload files" folder. When you are in the FTP section, on your comptuer, make a new folder and title it as the name of your project. Then drag the files (perferably a zipped file) into the folder. Finally, drag that folder into the FTP client's window. Once your files are uploaded, pat yourself on the back for a major new skill added to your skill set, and a job well done! You will find this ability useful for many functions, one of which is editing your own website. All in all, 15 minutes well spent.
Your last step is to give us a call (802-773-6143) or send us an email and let us know your job is uploaded and ready to go!